News from HES
- The Editorial Board of History of Education is seeking expressions of interest in the role of Book Reviews Editor. Deadline: 30 November.
- We are busy planning this year’s virtual conference! ‘Education Otherwise: historical perspectives’ will be 25th-27th November on Zoom.
- We love to showcase the latest research in the history of education on our blog. Interested in writing something? Check out the details here!
- We’ve given our website a spruce and it’s easier than ever to join the society. See the instructions here!
Calls for Papers
- Got an article up your sleeve looking for a home? Check out the History of Education Researcher .
- History of Education Quarterly is seeking manuscripts on the history of environmentalism and education. Deadline for submissions is March 30, 2022. Details here.
- Social movements and currents of pedagogical renewal (19th-20th century) / Espacio, Tiempo y Educación (v. 8 n. 12, 2021). Deadline: 30 December 2020.
- Special Issue: Exploring the History of Knowledge(s) and Education, Nordic Journal of Educational History. Deadline: 31 December 2020.
- Special Issue: Finding Froebel: National and Cross-National Pedagogical Paths in Froebelian Early Childhood Education, Global Education Review. Deadline: 15 November 2020.
- Conference: Childhood and Time: The IX Conference on Childhood Studies, 10-12 May 2020. Deadline for abstracts: 17 January 2021.
- Conference: THE 8TH NORDIC EDUCATION HISTORY CONFERENCE: “Global and Local Histories of Education and the States”. Deadline for proposals: 1 October 2021
- Edited Collection: Curriculum of the Body and the School as Clinic: Histories of Public Health and Schooling, 1900-2020. Deadline: 31 March 2021.
Dates for your Diary
- 5-8 November 2020: History of Education Society (US) virtual conference
- 9 November 2020: Zoom talk by Laura Tisdall: ‘The school that I’d like’: children and teenagers write about education in England and Wales, 1945-79‘
- 25-27 November 2020: History of Education Society (UK) virtual conference: ‘Education Otherwise: Historical Perspectives’.
- 8-12 March 2021: ‘The History of Experience and Agency: A Critical Intervention‘, Register by 29 Feb 2021.
- 10-12 May 2021: Childhood and Time: The IX Conference on Childhood Studies
- Education and Activism: Women at Oxford: 1878-1920, Website
- History of Education Quarterly has been ungating some of their articles. See the list here.
Did we miss something? Tag us on Twitter @HistEdSocUK #HistEdMonthlyRoundup